Friday 5 January 2018

Final Post

Reflecting on the past few months of writing this blog, I've got mixed feelings. It has reiterated to me that I'm too last-minute (don't check the dates of my posts). Truthfully, I wish I had picked a different topic as I struggled to engage with some of the content. It wasn't easy to write either. Communicating science to an audience is difficult, especially when you're not quite sure what the demographic is other than who marks the final version. It's public to anyone, so I tried to keep it scientific without being too formal. Hopefully I achieved that, and I like to think my writing skills have grown as a result.

I have learned a lot about the Amazon and am glad to have this knowledge now. There are a lot of issues, but nothing is as straightforward as I initially thought. It's not all doom and gloom, and the sheer amount of research makes me equally concerned and hopeful for the Amazon's future. It suggests that the huge amount of deforestation is causing a lot of issues, but it's also introduced me towards huge conservation efforts going on by organisations like the WWF! 

So, that's me done. Remember dear reader(s), save the rainforest!

No comments:

Post a Comment